Monday 9 April 2012

#84 Book Review: Fallen in Love

Fallen in Love (Fallen #3.5)
Release Date: February 2nd 2012
Author: Lauren Kate
Publisher: Random House Australia
Source: Publisher for Review
Format: Paperback
Where to Buy: Amazon & The Book Depository
More Info: Goodreads
Summary from Goodreads:
Unexpected. Unrequited. Forbidden. Eternal. Everyone has their own love story. 
And in a twist of fate, four extraordinary love stories combine over the course of a romantic Valentine's Day in Medieval England. Miles and Shelby find love where they least expect it. Roland learns a painful lesson about finding-and losing love. Arianne pays the price for a love so fierce it burns. And for the first -and last- time, Daniel and Luce will spend a night together like none other.

Lauren Kate's FALLEN IN LOVE is filled with love stories . . . the ones everyone has been waiting for.

True love never says goodbye . . .
My review:

Cover:
The covers of the Fallen series are absolutely gorgeous. I love the girl's black dress in the cover of Fallen in Love and the background. I would never have guessed that the book is talking about Valentine's Day from the cover (since it's all black) if it weren't for the summary but it's still a gorgeous cover!
4 Forget-Me-Not flowers for the cover!
Story:


True love never says goodbye...

This is my second book review with short stories compilation! I really enjoyed reading the short stories in this book. The first short story is Love Where You Least Expect It and this is Shelby and Miles' story. They are such a cute and adorable couple. This short story is not my favourite but still enjoyable to read! Love Lessons is the second short story and it's Roland's story. This is quite a sad story because Roland can't be together with his love and I feel sad for him. There's a bit with Cam in his short story and Cam is awesome. The third short story is Burning Love which is Arianne's story. This completely surprised me. I never expected Arianne's first love to be a female. Arianne's story is sad but quite beautifully written. The last short story is Daniel and Luce's : Endless Love. I've been waiting for this one and it sure is a great way to end the book. It's a romantic and sweet tale of Daniel and Luce. Sure we've read many romantic scenes between Daniel and Luce in Fallen, Torment and Passion but this short story is more special because it's set in Valentine's Day. I should have read this book on Valentine's Day! But I'm really glad there are short stories to satisfy readers' hunger for Rapture.

There is also a preview of Rapture in the end of the book and it made me so dying to read Rapture. There are still so many questions left unanswered in Passion and I want to know more about the curse!

Overall:
If you love Fallen series, then you will definitely want to read this one! The romantic and sweet short stories in this book will help you get through the wait for Rapture, the final book in the series. The short stories also make you understand more about the characters in Fallen. Fallen in Love is definitely worth buying because not only is the book in hardcover with a gorgeous cover, you get to read short stories from Fallen characters and you also get to read a preview from Rapture
3 Forget-Me-Not flowers for Fallen in Love!
Thank you Random House Australia for the review copy!

18 comments:

  1. Awesome review!! I really need to catch up on this series :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah! You definitely need to catch up on the series before the last book comes out! ;)

      Delete
  2. WOAH. HOLD THE PHONE. YOU DIDN'T REALISE ARRIANE WAS GAY? :P DUDE! I've known that since Fallen hahaha.

    Hahaha my copy is paperback on hardcover. :P

    Glad you liked this one! WHOOT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally did not realise, dude! I read Fallen like nearly a year ago so I can't remember if there are signs indicating Arianne likes girls too, :P

      I'm confused. Paperback on hardcover? What does that mean? :P

      GLAD I LIKED THIS ONE TOO! WHOOT. (I sound like Hedwig, don't I? ;)

      Delete
    2. Hence why I replied saying NOT. I meant NOT hardcover. :P I read Fallen nearly a year ago as well! Maybe I also saw signs in Passion...lord I can't remember. But for some reason I just wasn't surprised when I read Arriane's story with Tess (but GOD it was sad. D:).

      Delete
    3. LOL, I did not understand what the not was until you replied to my comment :P LOL. I only remember Passion being Luce going back to the past and living her memories with Daniel and honestly, I didn't quite enjoy it. It was kinda boring :P

      Arianne's story WAS sad :( Poor Tess. Poor Arianne!

      Delete
  3. Awwww! Celine, it sounds AMAZING! So glad you like it, and it's SUCH a pretty cover!!!

    Psh. Don't listen to Alice. I didn't know it either :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHAT? REALLY? ...wow. I have no idea why I already had it figured out. XD

      Delete
    2. PSH. So not listening to Alice :P

      You have to read it soon, Sarah!

      And Alice, you are TOO AWESOME. That's why you figured it out already! ;P

      Delete
    3. HEY! I just have...awesome...detecting skills. ;D

      Delete
    4. You do Alice, you do! YOU ARE SO AWESOME! ;) ♥

      Delete
  4. Alice is just a know-it-all, that's HOW she knew before anyone else did :P But AHHHH. Arriane's may be the one I'm most looking forward to. She and Cam are my favourite characters in the series! I kinda wish we got a Cam short story too, but I'll settle for seeing him cameo in Roland's :D Thinking I might read this before Rapture... either way, I WILL read it! And oooh Rapture teaser? Sounds good!! Very excited for Rapture, me wants an EPIC FINALE BATTLE!

    FANTASTIC REVIEW, CELINE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Celine....can you believe I only just came across your blog NOW after all that Twitter talk too!!! Anyway, such and awesome blog and you're reviews are awesome. I really liked Fallen in Love although I didn't really feel the need for it, it was still enjoyable. Glad you enjoyed it! Donna xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh, I STILL have to read this series. I know, I know. Anyways, glad to hear you liked it (and the series as well)! I may pick them up sooner than expected :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't work out how I feel about the Fallen series. The books definitely got better as the series progressed but I have never really loved them. I might give this a try though as a lot of people seem to have enjoyed it. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well..I'm not a huge fan of the Fallen series, BUT I think I'll continue until the very last book :) I have a feeling I probably won't care too much about this compilation of love stories...but I'll definitely read it soon! Great review Celine!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...