Thursday 19 April 2012

#92 Book Review: Everlasting

Everlasting (Kissed by an Angel #5)
Release Date: February 16th 2012
Author: Elizabeth Chandler
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Source: Publisher for Review
Format: Paperback
Where to Buy: Amazon & The Book Depository
More Info: Goodreads
Summary from Goodreads:
Ivy should be ecstatic that her formerly-dead boyfriend Tristan is back on earth with her, but the life of a fallen angel is never easy. Tristan has been cast down in the body of a murderer, and the police are after him. Now, there's only one way that he and Ivy can be together: they must clear him of the murder.

But when it becomes clear that there are darker forces at work, and Tristan and Ivy are still paying the price for Ivy's miraculous survival of the car crash, these starcrossed lovers have more at stake than ever before. And one of them may not be alive much longer....

My review:

Cover:
The AU/UK cover is not the picture above but I can't find the AU/UK cover so I'll just review the US cover. I really like the simplicity. I love how the rose is in contrast with the black background. 
4 Forget-Me-Not flowers for the cover!
Story:

Does love last forever?

Everlasting is the fifth book in the Kissed by an Angel series. I loved the first 3 books. It was such a sad and sweet story. I loved how the book ended.  This book was supposed to be only a trilogy I think and the first 3 books was published about 10 years ago. What I never thought was that the author decided to make a 4th book 10 years later. I actually didn't want to read the 4th book but since I've read the first 3 books, might as well read the 4th one. I'm also really curious of how the story continues. When I finished the 4th book, Evercrossed, I was disappointed. I think the story was repetitive and I don't think a 4th book is necessary to the series. The 3rd book's ending is great and to me, the series ended by the the 3rd book. So, why am I reading the fifth book if I didn't like the fourth book? Well, I thought the fourth book was still okay. And I just felt like I had to continue reading. After I read the 5th book, I'm pretty much convinced not to read the 6th one. I think the story gets repetitive and I did not enjoy it as much as the first 3 books. The book is still written from Ivy's POV and the ending of this book ensures you there will be a 6th book. This book was okay but I don't think I will pick up the 6th book because I am a bit bored with the series already.


Characters:
Ivy is still a great character from the first book until Everlasting. I enjoyed reading the book from her POV and I think her character actually helps me enjoy the book a bit more. I truly adore her relationship with Tristan. Their relationship knows no boundaries. And love is like that. It has no boundaries. Even after Tristan died, becomes an angel and becomes a fallen angel, she always tries to find him. This also goes to Tristan. I can see how he truly loves Ivy and that their love is very strong and it's the kind of love that makes you feel you can fight anything in this world. I'm glad to see that other characters in the first four books are back again such as Beth, Lacey and Will. 


Overall:
Everlasting was overall okay. I didn't enjoy it as much as the first 3 books in the series but it wasn't too bad. The story feels repetitive and although I did enjoy reading about the characters, I don't think I'll be reading the 6th book.
3 Forget-Me-Not flowers for Everlasting!
Thank you Simon & Schuster Australia for the review copy!

10 comments:

  1. I CAN'T READ THIS BOOK.

    I was devastated when Ivy and Tristan were separated forever and ever, but I was so happy that she could move on with Will. And now, that's not the case and Tristan is back and UGH. I just can't do this all over again. This series ripped my heart it and showed it to me before brutally shoving back in place, and I just don't want to deal with more heartbreak when it's unnecessary...

    PHEW. That was long XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always funny when I'm thinking of reading a series and you write a review for a book in that series LOL! x) My one friend was JUST explaining to me about the first book last week (about Ivy and her boyfriend and everything bad that happens to her) and they sound super sweet together! I love those romances that have to overcome difficulties like this!

    Amazing honest review, Celine! ♥ Even though you didn't like this fourth book as much as the first three, I still think I'm going to have to check the first ones out because you DID adore them, and I love the idea of being touched by an angel! :) (I'm pretty sure I used to watch a show called that as a kid... haha!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm sorry that this book is a disappointment, Celine! I hate it when the series start doing a never-ending circle. When the same theme gets thrown over and over again in the series, I think it gets old and a bad sign that I should pick another book with another new story. It's great that you still have things you enjoy from this book though, like the characters. ♥ :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's just too bad that the series dropped a bit in quality after book 3, but most series doo, unfortunately. I do love that cover (I'm actually kind of glad you were unable to find the other one.)
    Lovely review, Celine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I've ever come across this series, it's disappointing when they keep publishing new books in the series and they start to go downhill! How many books are there in this series altogether? Another great review Celine :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read only the first three books in the series . . . but that was such a long time ago. Will need to catch up soon! Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a shame to hear this one lost a bit of steam after the other books, but I'm glad you still found it okay to read. I haven't actually started this series, but I'm looking forward to reading the first book. It sounds like that one was much better than this. Great review! :)

    PS. I REALLY like that cover. It's so simple and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read the first books of the series (what a surprise! lately I'm finding I've missed a lot of great books T_T), but I remember reading the summary of the first book and it sounded very good. Sad that you didn't like this one as much as the others. However, I hope I can read the series soon :)

    Great review! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ive heard of this series before, sorry that you didnt enjoy this as much as the first 3 books. But still, great review Celine. x <3
    Ƹ̴Ӂ̴ƷFICBOOKREVIEWSƸ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whaaaa? She randomly started writing them again... SIXTEEN YEARS LATER???
    Ugggh, oh, Celine, this is dissapointing... it sounds as though she should have stopped :(

    It's interesting... I wonder why she started again. So sorry you were dissapointed, but glad you still found some things to enjoy xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...